Start a Fire

Start a Fire
Storyblazer Introduction

Where I got this Photo.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tonos_world/83502835/

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Twilight

A fellow elf told me that what ‘Brokeback Mountain’ did to cowboys, ‘Twilight’ did to vampires. I had this thought in mind as I stood in the bookstore with a gaggle of pre-teen human girls awaiting midnight and Twilight to flicker onto the buying shelves. Despite ‘Twilight’ marring slightly the truth about vampires ( they don’t glow in sunlight they burn) it overall wasn’t a bad movie.

Just like in the film, there are some good non-human drinking vampires, but the majority I run into need a stake through the heart. ‘The Lost Boys’ was a more adequate adaptation of what Vampire’s are really like. The novel ‘Dracula’ even more so. The love story in ‘Twi’ is better then LB. The Romeo vampire actually held back his hormones when they were raging wildly like a forest fire ready to burn.

Evil vampires are afraid of crosses and don’t like Holy Water. Garlic is bad also. I wanted the Frog brothers to come in and kick a little butt. A group of blood-suckers was in the store at the time I was there, hoping to snack on some tweens, but an adventure occurred in which I got rid of them, all without having to mess up the store and scare people with dead corpses lying around. That is an entry for my blog if I ever decide to start one about my personal elfin life among humans.

The movie illustrates the point that one does not have to give into one’s desires if the desires will cause harm upon another. Mind you it would be better not to put one self into a situation where you would have to try and control yourself. The movie also points out that vampires really know how to play baseball. I really enjoyed the family of good vampires, jumping around the baseball field. They were a good lot and protected the human girl Bella from a bunch of nasty blood-suckers. Bella is the chick who falls in love/lust/infatuation with the vampire known as Edward Cullen.

‘Twilight’ is not a bright light in the movie industry nor is it just ‘Twilight’ either. It might give people a wrong impression of vampires as being mostly harmless. But most people don’t run into vampires anyway so I guess it can’t hurt watching it. It is a fairly normal look at what it might be for a teenager to get caught up in a relationship that could but doesn’t go badly. That almost sounds like a oxy moron. 3 ½ Booya’s out of 5. Remember this film and others to follow simply want to suck the blood out of you.

I think I was trying to have that sound more witty then it came out.

This has been a Banyai the Elf Storyblazer report

Copyright StoryBlazers 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers