Start a Fire

Start a Fire
Storyblazer Introduction

Where I got this Photo.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tonos_world/83502835/

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Jack the Giant Killer

‘Jack the Giant Killer’ is a high-octane fairy tale adventure with the spirit and moxy of Sinbad and Jason. It doesn’t seem to have the magical stick to the imagination pallet as those other films that I have just mentioned. But that might be because the special effects and costumes were just so below the story level. Maybe it’s just the mood that I was in and the fact that I had been just watching and consuming too many films in too many short stints.

I highly recommend it despite not completely loving it (meaning I would not want to watch it over and over again) as it is rare to have such a seriously well made adventure fantasy aimed at families that does not have some piffy cultural references and some guy getting kicked in the nuts. It has more class then the 2nd & 3rd Pirate movies and makes a heck a lot more sense.

It does have a pretty cool Leprechaun as one of the magical companions of Jack as he tries to brave the evil forces of the head of witches to rescue the princess.

I am still in the mist of watching this classic fantasy flick as I write these enchanting words about this fairly fun and very better than I am making it sound fascinating family picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers