Start a Fire

Start a Fire
Storyblazer Introduction

Where I got this Photo.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tonos_world/83502835/

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Couragous

A cars salesman. Football Players. Fireman and Marriage.  And now Policeman and Fatherhood. ‘Courageous’  is the fourth cinematic courageous outing from Sherwood Baptist Church in which it chronicles the lives of several policeman who strive to become as good of fathers as they are policemen. 

 As Christian cinema goes it never gets too preachy and the acting is as good as the characters they portray.  There is some real suspense and some genuine laughs mixed with some moments that made my wife cry.  I love movies where my wife cries as it reveals how sensitive her heart is. I also laugh at her for being a typical woman.  I also love to hear her laugh as she does so with more mirth then anyone I know. It fills me with joy. A movie where my wife laughs and cries is a good criteria of how to judge the worth of a film.

 A movie that encourages men to be courageous in their responsibilities to their families when there are so many fatherless children is an important message that gets underplayed in a culture that does not value the foundation of the family with its glorification of non-committal relationships. I happen to be a blessed man by having a father who was there for me and taught me how to be a decent person. I hope that when my wife and I finally do get children I will be a courageous father who sacrifices for his children.

 This film will appeal mostly to faith filled Christians.  But because it is not just a sappy art deprived piece of Christian film-making, I think it could appeal beyond its target demographic, to all people who enjoy a well told story with an important message.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers